2013 UIndy Football Season Preview
The UIndy Greyhounds will try to repeat as Great Lakes Valley Conference champions starting September 7th. Colin Bowles and Mark Foerster of the WICR Sports Department covered the Great Lakes Valley Conference Media Day and talked to the head coaches from all eight schools. Click here to listen to the interviews, and catch all of the UIndy games here on WICR!
The 2013 Indy Jazz Fest lineup
As you heard on WICR, the official Indy Jazz Fest schedule is now set. The 2013 Indy Jazz Fest is a 10-day lineup in venues “All Around Town” September 12-21. This year’s Festival will feature headliners Allen Toussaint, Ramsey Lewis, Eddie Palmieri, Diane Schuur, Ravi Coltrane, and Aaron Diehl. The extended celebration will feature performers including the following, with several more announcements to the lineup over the next few weeks:
- September 12 – Allen Toussaint, Schrott Center for the Arts at Butler University – 8 p.m. Opening night sponsored by Ameriprise Financial
- September 13 – Ramsey Lewis, Madame Walker Theatre – 8 p.m., sponsored by IU Health
- September 14 – Diane Schuur, The Cabaret at The Columbia Club – 7 p.m. sponsored by Foley & Abbott
- September 15 – Grammy Winning Guitarist Brian Nova with special guests Steve Allee and Stan Hillis – The Jazz Kitchen, 7 p.m.
- September 16 – Double Bill: Buselli-Wallarab Jazz Orchestra Birth of the Cool, and Zach Lapidus Trio, Indiana Landmarks Center, 7:30 p.m., sponsored by National Bank of Indianapolis
- September 17 – Eddie Palmieri, Indianapolis Museum of Art Terrace (show will be moved indoors to the Toby in the event of rain), 8 p.m
- September 18 – Indy Jazz Fest Band celebrates Indiana Composers, Christel DeHaan Fine Art Center at the University of Indianapolis, 7 p.m. FREE to the public
- September 18 – Ravi Coltrane, The Jazz Kitchen, 7 and 9:30 p.m.
- September 20 – American Pianists Association Cole Porter Fellow in Jazz, Aaron Diehl CD Release Party, The Jazz Kitchen, 7:30 and 9:30 p.m., sponsored by REI Real Estate
- September 21 – Closing Finale all day with 12 bands on 2 stages, inside and outside with food, drinks and great music, hosted by The Jazz Kitchen and Yats
Tickets go on sale starting August 1st. Listen to WICR or visit IndyJazzFest.net for more information and for updates as more events are added to this year's event!
Listen to WICR Online!
You can listen to WICR online by clicking here or by clicking the listen online tab on each page. With our new player you can choose which stream to listen to and, in the future, you will be able to request and rate songs online. Pull up our new online player and let us know what you think!
Listen on the go with the TuneIn App for mobile devices.
TuneIn Mobile App
Check out the WICROnline Blog and hear from different WICR personalities!
Sign up for the WICR E-Newsletter
When you submit your name and e-mail address, you'll begin receiving
our monthly e-newsletter. We'll keep you informed as to what's happening
at the station and what contests you can take advantage of. We'll
spill some music news and we'll also let you know what's going on
Simply fill out the form on the right of this page and click submit
to sign up for our e-newsletter! Thank you for listening to 88.7
New Music at Noon
We'd like to introduce you to some new albums!
Enjoy cuts from a brand new album every weekday during your lunch
as WICR presents "New Music at Noon."
View this week's
Thank you for your support!
Support Indy's only jazz and classical radio station! Call in your
pledge at 317-788-3280 or click
here to donate online!
Thank you for your support!